Our childrens’ projects typically run for 4-5 days during the school vacation. Mojandita students range from grades pre K through 8th grade.
We are looking for:
- Experienced elementary and middle school teachers who have:
- Training in Art, Music, Dance and Theater
- A working knowledge of or fluency in Spanish
- Willingness to travel over the February (presidents’ day) school break
- Ability to work in challenging classroom settings (limited resources)
- A love of children and a willingness and flexibility to collaborate with other teachers
- Graphic artists who can transpose children’s artwork onto saleable mediums (i.e. tee shirts, sneakers, hats, mugs, etc.) for fundraising purposes.
Supplies or donations we need:
- Financial contributions for volunteer teachers’ accommodations and supplies
- Art supplies of all kinds (glue, paint, clay, colored paper, etc.)
- Musical instruments (flutes, recorders, hand drums, bells, claves, etc.)
- Spanish songbooks or Spanish art books
- Laptop computers in good condition (not necessarily newest models)
- Disposable cameras or old digital cameras
- Donations of coloring books, children’s books, dolls, and small toys for children who are visiting during our Los Peluditos projects.