Volunteer for Los Niños de Mojandita
Our children’s’ projects typically run for 4-5 days from 8am till 12:30 pm.
Mojandita students range from grades K-5.
We are looking for:
- Experienced elementary school teachers who have:
- Training in Art, Music, Dance and Theater
- A working knowledge of or fluency in Spanish
- Willingness to travel over the February (Presidents’ day) school break
- Ability to work in challenging classroom setting (limited resources)
- A love of children and a willingness to collaborate with other teachers
- Graphic artists who can transpose children’s artwork onto saleable mediums (i.e. tee shirts, sneakers, hats, mugs, etc.) for fund raising purposes.
Supplies or donations needed:
- Financial contributions for volunteer teachers’ accommodations and supplies
- Art supplies of all kinds (glue, paint, clay, colored paper, etc.)
- Musical instruments (flutes, recorders, hand drums, bells, claves, etc.)
- Spanish storybooks, art books and songbooks